Business Support Officer (SCS113)
Closes: 30 May
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a focused and committed individual looking for an opportunity to provide administrative support within the City Strategy Division.
What we will offer you:
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Remuneration of $2,273.04 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $2,727.65 gpf + superannuation.
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement.
- Generous leave entitlements and ongoing training and development opportunities.
Your new role:
You will provide positive and responsive customer service and administrative support for the City Strategy Division.
You will have the opportunity to rotate with an support other Business Support Officers in the Regional Activation Directorate on an as required basis.
Duties of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Providing quality customer service and effective administrative support for the functional areas of the division.
- Undertake administrative duties including processing applications, travel arrangements, purchase requisitions etc.
- Prepare agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Assist in the planning and management of workshops and events.
- Assist the Executive Assistant of the Director Regional Activation as required.
What you will need to succeed:
- Demonstrated administration experience relevant to the role.
- Qualifications relevant to the role; e.g. Certificate III in Business Administration or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality documentation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all people within our workplace. Please note that the successful applicant will be required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Wagga Wagga City Council or provide evidence of an authorised medical exemption.
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:59pm AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 6 June 2022.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://wagga.pulsesoftware.com/Pulse/jobs
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Ben Creighton on 02 6926 9643.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.