Before and After School Care Educator
Closes: 15 Aug
- Do you enjoy working with children?
- Do you work in a care/support role or work with children?
- Work in the education and care sector without needing any qualifications to start
- Earn well above the award and earn more when qualified!
- If you are qualified with a Diploma or Certificate III, that’s great! If not, that’s fine as well! We’ll train you to become the best Educator you can be.
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
About the role
Orange Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) Services provides before and after school care during school term and vacation care during school holidays for school aged children enrolled in infants and primary school (children aged 5-12 years).
OSHC provides a secure and happy place to get ready for school, or to wind down after school, in a safe and friendly environment. The program - developed with the participation of the children - is workshop and excursion-based with the focus on play, socialisation and learning activities. For more information about this service please visit our website HERE.
We have both Casual and Part Time roles available. Our part time roles are 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 3pm to 6pm.
Working in a small team of two or three, you will be responsible for providing direct care and supervision to the children attending the service as well as undertaking the planning, implementation and evaluation of OSHC programs and play based learning, ensuring there is a variety of activities which are suitable to the individual needs and interests of the children and link to the My Time Our Place framework.
Your full list of responsibilities can be found in the position description.
So what do you need?
- A keen interest in working with school aged children (5-12 years old)
- A current NSW Working with Children Check clearance number (or ability to obtain before starting)
- A current Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting Certificate (or ability to obtain)
To apply, please click Apply. A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact email@example.com or call Senior Children’s Services Coordinator, Melissa Stanford, on 6393 8624.
Applications close Sunday 14 August 2022
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.